The M1000 card reader sits inside of a silver bracket in the meter and is secured in place with screws.
Actions required to troubleshoot "Check Mounting Kit" message appearing during Function 750:
Make sure the card reader installed is definitely an M1000 reader (refer to description and photo above).
- If an M900 reader is installed, Function 750 will usually show "Check Mounting Kit".
- If unsure, a Function 34 ticket will confirm the card reader type under the CAD TYPE header.
Completely remove and reinstall the M1000 reader.
- Reseat the card reader cable.
- Ensure all screws are tight when the reader is reinstalled.
- Rerun Function 94 and Function 750.
If "Check Mounting Kit" still appears, test another card reader in the meter.
- If possible, use a reader from another working meter to test.