The "Could Not Initialize Measurements" error is most often associated with ethernet-cable connections or components connected by ethernet cables such as the Coin System, the Electronic Locks (on the newer touch-screen CWT meters (S4 or S5 models)) or the PIEZO button board (on the older CWT meters (S2 or S3 models)).
For all CWT meters:
Disconnect and inspect each ethernet cable connector and look for moisture or corrosion.
Replace the cable if corrosion is found.
Reseat all ethernet connections and retest the meters. If the problem remains, then follow these steps:
For newer CWT meters (S4 and S5 models):
- Disconnect the coin system and reboot them meter without the coin system connected to see if the error goes away. If so, then replace the coin system and retest the meter;
- Disconnect the electronic locks (elocks) one at a time and reboot the meter without the elock connected to see if the error goes away. If so, then replace the elock and retest the meter.
For older CWT meters (S2 and S3 models):
- Follow the same steps above for the newer CWT meters. If the problem remains, then check whether a PIEZO board is present on the meter door.
Meters with monochrome or color screens which have red, yellow and green buttons on the front of the display will have a PIEZO board inside the meter.
- If a PIEZO board is present (**NOT A TOUCH SCREEN METER**):
Follow these instructions to swap out the PIEZO board and then reboot the meter.
Check whether the "Could Not Initialize Measurements" error appears or is cleared.
- If a PIEZO board is not present (**TOUCH SCREEN METER**) or if swapping the PIEZO board did not work:
- Power down the meter and reseat the ethernet cable connection between the coin unit and mainboard at both ends.
- If this does not work, swap the cable out and reboot.
- Next, try swapping the coin unit itself and confirm whether the error still appears.
- Next, try swapping the modem and confirm whether the error still appears.
- Next, try swapping the SD card and confirm whether the error still appears.
- If the issue is still occurring, reach out to the Support Help Desk for further instructions.
TO CHAT WITH US: https://us.support.flowbird.group/hc/en-us
(Click on the "Support?" button which will appear in the bottom right corner after a few seconds).