Link to Field Service Position - Washington State - Apply Online
Field Service Technician
To install, repair, upgrade, perform preventive maintenance, monitor performance, and provide technical/user training for Flowbird parking meters and related equipment. Be the main point of service contact with assigned customers and ensure that products and services are promoted accordingly.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Technical troubleshooting, testing, installation, and software upgrade projects for meters and related systems, including support to other technicians and customers.
- Handle customer calls and initial qualification of issues by various communications media with limited supervision.
- Conduct service calls on meters to troubleshoot issues towards diagnosis and resolution.
- Provide excellent customer service and care of equipment to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all parts and items required are available prior to a site visit to avoid unnecessary travel.
- Validate correct functionality of equipment to ensure safe and continuous operation.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of assigned customers indicating the assigned tier, dates when monitoring was performed, and an overall health assessment.
- Develop action plan to address outstanding issues raised from monitoring.
- Serve as Flowbird’s subject matter expert for all meter programs, processes, and procedures; provide training and support to new customers and technicians as needed.
- Follow up with open service tickets on a daily basis to ensure issue resolution; ensure service tickets are updated for billing purposes.
- Ensure preventative maintenance schedules are observed for all contractual obligations.
- Ensure that all repair data is correctly transferred to the database upon completion of an intervention; escalate bug reports and verified quality deviations within Flowbird.
- Maintain service vehicle, inventory, and equipment; manage and control sufficient stock (spares) to maintain the product within the area of operations.
- Approximately twice per year, spend one week at the main office assisting the Help Desk, acquiring advanced technical training.
- Regularly update and maintain technical documentation used to perform basic tasks, (maintenance manuals, spare parts catalogues etc.).
- Propose procedural and product improvements relating to the repair process and preventative maintenance.
- Observe all rules relating to health, safety, security, and risk management.
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily production/technical nature, including lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Outdoors, exposed to changing weather conditions (i.e., rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.).
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Operate a motor vehicle as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in installing, troubleshooting, and repairing pay stations for Transit and On-Street parking equipment using internet compatibility, etc.
- Proven communication skills handling customers, in introducing and training on equipment as well as emergency situations
- Experience in field service operations
- Investigate the root causes of failures
- Compile a proposal for a technical solution if necessary with guidance from the support team.
- Validate the solution.
- Be precise in all actions.
- Able to make basic decisions.
Inter-actions & relationship:
- Able to work autonomously with a minimum of support from technical or management personnel.
- Maintain a good relationship with the customer despite any difficulties associated with the product.
- Listen to customer needs.
- Be pro-active when dealing directly with the customer.
- Be responsible for the Flowbird image when meeting the customer.
- Travel frequently to customer sites.
- Work remotely and autonomously.
- Schedule intervention in accordance with contractual commitments, taking into account traffic constraints, customer, and equipment availability.
- Be prepared to work and travel outside of the main geographical region of operation.
- Maintain a full driving license within the operating region.
- Respond to a customer request, perform the analysis and decide the action required (in agreement with the direct manager).
- Repair in compliance with internal established procedures and methodology.
- Manage activities depending on importance, be able to set up priorities.
- Communicate effectively with the customers and keep them informed before, during, and after any intervention, even in difficult situations.
- Communicate regularly with the direct manager.
- Communicate with all team members and share valuable experience.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Be a confident driver in various situations and conditions.
Technical skills (languages, technical practices, laws…):
- Electro-mechanical skills (assembling, disassembling, hand & power tools)
- Technical and functional knowledge related to Flowbird products and systems.
- Knowledge related to repair processes, troubleshooting, and fault finding.
- Ability to troubleshoot communication problems between machines and servers.
- Ability to exchange information.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability for self-learning and an understanding of product evolution.
- Knowledge relating to internal procedures.
- Knowledge relating to HSE legislation.
- Computer literate.
Field Service Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road